- 34 years old
- Married, one child
- Norwegian (living in Norway)
- First whisky tasted: Jameson
- First single malt tasted: Laphroaig 10 Years
- Favourite whisky: Searching
- When I score whisky I have adopted the system of Malt Maniac Johannes van den Heuvel:
- 01 – 09: Barely drinkable gagwater. Serving me this may result in physical violence.
- 10 – 19: Truly disgusting. Varying degrees of awfulness; highly avoidable.
- 20 – 29: Only suitable for intoxication purposes. Best used as Anti-freeze.
- 30 – 39: Definitely not enjoyable. Don’t pour me another glass, please.
- 40 – 49: Flawed. I’ll drink it, but don’t expect me to be happy about it.
- 51 – 54: All things considered I like it, but just barely. It’s a thin line between love and hate.
- 55 – 59: I’m far from crazy about this, but I could find some redeeming qualities.
- 60 – 64: Quite drinkable, but I could find nothing in there to get very excited about.
- 65 – 69: An altogether satisfactory experience, but somehow it doesn’t fulfil its potential.
- 70 – 74: An enjoyable drink, just a tad below average. Could do better.
- 75 – 79: A very enjoyable drink; above average but not exciting enough to be reccommendable.
- 80 – 84: Recommendable. Very nice indeed, thank you. Pour me another one, please.
- 85 – 89: Highly recommendable. Wonderful! Never a dull moment with one of these.
- 90 – 94: Everybody should try this at least once in their life. Great liquids of the world.
- 95 – 99: Exceptional. The sort of stuff where price starts to become almost irrelevant.
- 100 pts: True ‘aqua vitae’. Once I’ve found this legendary drink I can rest easy.
Content, privacy etc:
- Please use parts of the written content, but don’t copy and paste whole entries – use excerpts and link to the blog insted. And always credit me and/or the blog.
- Most pictures are the property of the brand owner, distiller, shop and is used with their permission where applicable. Information on this will be imbedded in the picture/caption, please contact them if you want to use the picture yourself. Private pictures (they are clearly marked) can not be used without prior consent by me.